The Kindness Pixie update
It’s been a week since I asked our friends and families to do a random act of kindness in Pixie‘s name instead of buying flowers for his funeral. We’ve been using the hashtag #thekindnesspixie so that I can see what’s been happening in our son’s memory.
I’ve been surprised how many people have got involved who won’t be coming along to the funeral next week! Unbelievably I was even asked to go on the radio – twice! – to talk about it. But there’s no way I can talk about it on the radio. It may seem strange, but being able to write everything down here is much easier. It’s also quite selfish because it saves me having to explain myself to people over and over again.
The Kindness Pixie strikes
Anyway, Pixie’s funeral is just a couple of days away now. It is looming large in my mind, so I want to focus on all the beautiful random acts of kindness that have already taken place for him.
Random Acts of Kindness (regularly updated)
- Handmade gifts left for people to find
- Care package and a shepherd’s pie given to an elderly neighbour
- Donation made to Sands bereavement charity
- Park cleaned of litter to make it safe for children to play
- Teddy bears left for people to find
- Valid parking tickets passed on in the car park
- Baby clothes donated to the hospital
- Underwear and toiletries donated to Leicester homeless charity
- Coffees paid forward at the Oasis Cafe, The Mobility Shop Cafe and the Bus Park Cafe
- Books donated to bookswap
- Love on the Rocks painting made and left with a paid forward coffee
- Left a pound in the trolley for the next person
- Put up a friend who had split up from their partner and needed somewhere to stay
- Hot drinks, food and dog food for homeless people and their companions given away
- Sales of elderflower wine from Rothley Wine donated to Pointers in Need
- Tree planted with EForests
- Donation made to Leicester’s City of Sanctuary
- Shared a gig online with a father who was not able to make it in person
Time for me to leave my own gifts from The Kindness Pixie. Once I remember to get the labels printed!! If you would like to get involved then please download the label and pay a little kindness forward in Pixie’s honour, to give him the chance to spread a little joy in the world.