All the cheesy scones
As usual, quantities are estimated as I just threw these together…
Cheese and Nut Scones
- 225g flour
- dash of baking powder
- 55g butter
- About 60g cheese (whatever you’ve got but stilton is ace)
- 1 egg
- Handful of black pepper cashews
- Milk to bind
- Throw the flour, baking powder and butter into the food processor to make breadcrumbs. I also added some cayenne pepper, but whatever herbs or spices you like would be a welcome addition.
- Crumble in the cheese and add the egg, pulse briefly to combine.
- Throw in the cashews and then with the machine on dribble in a couple of tablespoons of milk until the dough starts to come together.
- You could roll out and shape but I just did it by hand to save faff. You could also add a milk or egg wash for a more golden finish.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until done.