I’m not bothering with proper quantities again, get on with your intuitive cooking.
Squeeze of lemon juice
Drizzle of olive oil – just a teaspoon, or even less
3 cloves of garlic (or to taste)
- Put your pasta on to boil.
- Meanwhile, add the garlic cloves to a food processor and whiz them up.
- Add the remaining ingredients to your processor and whiz them up to a creamy, green pasta. The lemon adds flavour and also helps the avocado to keep its colour.
- Drain your pasta, reserving a dash of the cooking water.
- Toss in your sauce and serve!
So simple, but really delicious. The heat of the pasta warms the sauce through and takes the edge off the garlic flavour, but still leaves a great punch. You could add in anything you like. Some crispy bacon crumbled over the top would be amazing. But then it would probably take you more than 10 minutes. Well, 9 actually, the pasta took 9 minutes to cook.
This comes in at 380 calories a serving, and is quite high in fat on account of the avocado and olive oil, so it’s not quite in my ‘Under 300 calories’ recipe collection, but still mainly healthy fats and a blast of nearly raw veg. A great meal.