Feta Stuffed Sweet Peppers
It’s pretty tasty though, and although relatively high in fat it is quite low in calories and great for other nutrients like Vitamin C, so I thought I’d share recipe with you.
Feta Stuffed Peppers
13 small sweet peppers (I used yellow, but a mix of colours would be nice too!
100g feta cheese
1 tbsp of olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200’C.
- Mix the feta, egg, olive oil and spices with a fork until they resemble a paste. Add the sweetcorn and one of the small peppers, finely diced.
- Cut the stalk out of the peppers and remove that and the seeds, taking care not to pierce the body of the pepper.
- Stuff each pepper with the feta mixture.
- Once stuffed, stand peppers upright in an ovenproof dish, so that the filling doesn’t spill out during cooking.
- Bake at 200’C for 15-20 minutes, until the stuffing is brown on top and firm. Mine weren’t very brown as I knew some would be reheated again for lunch the next day so I didn’t want them over-browned.
- Serve three peppers per person. You could add anything to the filling – some sweated onions and mushrooms would be nice, or some fresh herbs if you had them to hand, or even some chorizo… Mmmm…